PAYROLL Guide To Payroll in South Africa
Payroll refers to the total of all compensation a business must pay to its staff. Including deductions such as PAYE, UIF and SDL. Whether you have one staff member or 1000, you must process payroll to ensure they are paid correctly and proper records are kept.
Who Prepares Payroll?
Payroll services are usually managed by the accountant or human resources manager of a business. However, many organizations are turning to outsourced payroll services as is more cost-effective and holds less risk.
Is There A Process You Need To Follow For Payroll?
No. There is no specific payroll cycle. Every business payroll cycle is different. It is typically stipulated in the employment contract that is agreed upon both by the employee and employer. A payroll cycle can run weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or based upon contracted project completion. Our office of qualified payroll specialists are based in Johannesburg and can assist with all your payroll and accounting needs. Whether you are a small business that needs assistance with Payroll. Or a large enterprise looking to outsource payroll services; it is important for you to choose a qualified, accounting specialist that remains up to date and complaint with SARS and the South African Department of Labour. Our professional team offer the full spectrum of payroll processing services, which include:
- Employee Registrations
- Payroll Compliance – We ensure you remain up to date and compliant with all the payroll requirements.
- Electronic payslips
- Annual leave calculations
- Employees tax calculations (PAYE)
- UIF Calculations
- SDL Calculations
- Workman’s Compensation
- Management, auditing maintenance of all leave balances including annual leave sick leave and Family Responsibility Leave and so on.
- Third party payments and reconciliations
- Submission of returns to SARS and other regulatory authorities
- IRP 5 submissions (IRP 5 and EMP501)
- EMP501 submissions (IRP5 and EMP501)
Fill in our enquiry form or contact us via our direct contact details to receive more information on how we can assist you with your payroll requirements.